I mentioned recently that I’d treated myself to some new paper from Prima. Well I have been having great fun playing around with it and have a few cards to share – these are all from the Prima Songbird A4 paper pack. The one above and the one below are both A5 cards made with two halves of the same sheet. The top half has these sweet little birds on branches which I have covered with a thick layer of glossy accents. (My tip for working with glossy accents is to outline the shape then fill it in. When it is all covered, give the bottle a good big squeeze and you’ll get more liquid for that lovely domed shape, but it will stay contained within your outline shape.)
I added the row of stamped eggs which involved a bit of kiss stamping. The eggs are on an older stamp set called Fly Away With Me and there are three different eggs – one solid and two patterned. I started by inking up the solid stamp with Pumpkin Spice Versamagic chalk ink, then inked up the fine patterned stamp with Oasis Green and stamped it onto the solid stamp. I then inked up the larger speckled egg with Gingerbread ink and stamped that onto the solid stamp too. I stamped the solid stamp onto white paper and that’s how you get the multi-coloured egg. I repeated the process with different colours for the solid and detail stamp, but stuck with the same colour for the big speckles. I cut the eggs out and stuck them onto the Prima paper (with Glue ‘n’ Seal) then added a sentiment from the Words of Love stamp set.
This is the card with the bottom half of the paper, a much plainer section, but in the same tones. I stamped the fancy flower from the Fantasy Meadow stamp set with Versafine Vintage Sepia, then coloured it with Polychromos pencils. I masked the flower heads and stamped some text from Eccentric Edwardian over the flowers using Ginger Adirondack dye ink. The sentiment and seedheads stamped along the bottom are from Floral Bouquet, again stamped in Vintage Sepia. The ‘thank you’ panel is from the Songbird paper pack – there are a couple of sheets of elements you can cut out and this one fitted the design beautifully. I added a little paper flower I found in my box of bits and darkened the edges of the whole card with Brilliance Rust.
This next one has its own video!
Yep, I actually made a video this week showing you how I made this gatefold aperture card. If you can’t see the video below for any reason, you can watch it on my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/glendawww.
So that’s just three cards that I’ve managed to put together pretty quickly. We’re just about to release the rest of our new stamps for March and there’s more cards to come featuring one of the other Prima packs, Meadow Lark. So watch out here and on the Design Team blog for new stamp goodness coming soon!