I have been working on another lino cut of the Zebrette jug, from a slightly different angle. I have new lino and new tools which has made it easier to cut. I have been trying to get a cleaner look, but my bookpress a little tricky as you can’t be consistent with the pressure.
I have also used linseed oil based ink this time, so if I want to hand colour them afterwards, I should be able to do that with no risk of the ink smearing.
I got Adrian to take some photos so I could show you some of the process.
After the first couple of proofs, I decided to clean out the background some more and ended up cutting away the background entirely from the top part.
It’s going to take a while to get to 100 at this rate, but things should speed up a bit as I plan to try some monoprints and collographs next.