The creativity has not been flowing well in the last few weeks and I know well enough to be gentle with it, not force it and allow some freewheeling playtime. At the weekend I came across my old wax pot – a gift from Adrian about fourteen years ago when I used it for silk batik. It had some beeswax in, so I fired it up and dug out a collage box of bits and pieces. This is what I came up with (click for a larger image).
I coloured the tag with Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge) and stamped a script from the Edwardian Gentleman plate in the background. I stamped the man onto tissue paper and stuck all the elements down with the hot beeswax. I put quite a dollop of wax on the top and let it cool enough to stamp into with a crackle stamp, then when it had hardened, I went round the edges with a little gold, red and blue Inka Gold to highlight the texture. The little propellor actually spins round, but I could do with a long fastener as it has popped off the wax a couple of times and will probably come off again if I don’t fix it in place.
So I’m feeling quite pleased that I managed to get some playtime in. I did come up with some other bits and pieces too, but I’m keeping those for a Craft Stamper article for June so you’ll have to wait a while to see those.